Party and Group Reservations
Smith is available for Groups and Birthday Parties!
Make your child's next birthday a unique experience. You must make a Birthday Party reservation at least one month in advance. The fee for a Birthday Party is $125. Birthday Parties are held on Saturday and Sundays only. A maximum of 10 children (ages 5 and under) are allowed in the party room. A maximum of 15 children (ages 10 and under are allowed on the enclosed porch area (April-October).
YOU MUST SPEAK WITH A SMITH STAFF MEMBER FOR YOUR PARTY TO GO ON THE CALENDAR.
Reservations are required for groups of five or more children. Groups include daycare centers, pre-schools, head start classes, and informal parents groups. You must make a reservation at least two weeks in advance. Groups may visit the Playground and Playhouse Tuesday-Friday from either 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Group visits may not last any longer than two hours or take place outside of the above times.
YOU MUST SPEAK TO A SMITH STAFF MEMBER FOR YOUR VISIT TO GO ON THE CALENDAR.
PLEASE NOTE: A $50.00 refundable deposit is required for group reservations. The deposit will be refunded on the day of visit.
Please see Group Visit Guidelines below.
To ensure that you and the children in your group can have a safe and fun time at Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse, we ask that you follow these rules:
· All children visiting the Playground must be 10 years or younger. Children that are between the ages of 0-10 can play on the Giant Wooden Slide (Children 0-3 must be accompanied by an adult). All children visiting the Playhouse must be 5 and under.
· Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse reserves the right to close the Playground due to inclement weather.
· All members (children and adults) of the group MUST wear something that identifies them as part of the group, i.e.: t-shirts, wristbands, or a tag worn on the front of a shirt. Nothing can be worn around the neck.
· Children must be supervised at all times by your staff member. Supervised at all times means that each staff person (18 years or older) shall be assigned the responsibility of supervision of specific children. The staff person shall know the names and whereabouts of the children. The staff person shall be physically present and play with the children in their group.
· There must be at least one adult (18 years or older) present for every 8 children in the group.
· No food or drinks are permitted in ANY PLAY AREAS. This includes the PLAYHOUSE and PLAYGROUND.
· Children must be dressed for play. This means rubber soled shoes no sandals, no Heely shoes no drawstrings (on shorts, hoodies, etc), and no necklaces or scarves. Children not dressed properly will not be allowed in the Playground area. While on the playground equipment, children are not allowed to wear helmets.
· During visits to Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse, children and adults must conduct themselves in a respectable manner. This means no cursing, yelling, hitting, etc. Individuals and groups demonstrating such behavior will be expelled from the grounds.
· Bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, toys, etc. are not allowed in either the Playhouse or on the Playground. All modes of transportation must be parked in the parking lot area before entering the Playhouse or Playground.
· No smoking on the Playground or in the Playhouse. Smoking is only permitted in the parking lot.
· No grills are permitted.
· Clean up is the responsibility of the group. Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse is a CARRY-IN-CARRY-OUT trash free play area. Please bring trash bags and take your trash with you when you leave.
· All children and adults are required to listen to and follow instructions given by Smith staff. This includes enforcing age limits, food and drink rules, supervision rules, etc. Failure will result in the group's dismissal from the Playground.
· No cell phones. The use of cell phones is only permitted in an emergency.